Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Springdale School of Art




Tuesday I was fortunate to spend the day painting at Springdale School of Art near Burley with good friends from the local IWS chapter. Springdale is an amazing art center started years ago by Claudette Bray along with her good friend June Carey. Claudette has classes for kids and adults in what once was a school building. She has converted the old school building to house a wonderful multipurpose classroom, a gallery, a clay room, as well as places for digital work. It is an amazing resource for the community. http://springdaleschoolofart.com/

I have just discovered Zentangle/Zendoodle and love the challenge of creating patterns and Zen textures. It is truly relaxing. While I am learning the techniques, I am using a Moleskine watercolor notebook and black pens to create the designs. A spin off of my interest is posted today. The drawings depict what I saw yesterday at Springdale. My hope was to convey the energy we felt in the room yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gobs and Blobs - New Abstract Work

  Gobs and Blobs The current show at the Full Moon Gallery in Twin Falls! I have these pieces plus more hanging in the Gallery and the Lobby...