Sunday, January 15, 2017

Winter Scene 15 - Some Days Go Like This

Working on this aspen series using a similar composition plan, and some days the painting works and some days it is a bust!  Today is a an example of a overworked, poorly planned and do it again painting!  My overall plan was to use back light this time instead of light coming from the sides.  I like the sky and background trees, but have missed the mark on the foreground and kept adding darks to try to salvage.  Oh well, that is why I have lots of paper!  Will post on the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge just to show myself that everything does not always work out as planned, or more importantly that a plan is a good thing. Hmmm.  Wonder if a thumbnail value sketch might help?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gobs and Blobs - New Abstract Work

  Gobs and Blobs The current show at the Full Moon Gallery in Twin Falls! I have these pieces plus more hanging in the Gallery and the Lobby...