Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Getting in the Rhythm - 30 in 30

Day 3 of the 30 in 30 Challenge!  My theme is Winter Scenes and I draw on the many scenes of wonderful aspens from the Wood River Valley here in Idaho.  There is ample snow this year and that provides interesting shadows throughout the day.  Skiing is excellent too!

I did this watercolor on a birch wood block using Daniel Smith's Watercolor Ground.  This one is a 5" x 5" and I am finding a real difference in how my paintings turn out when comparing the paintings done on a 4 x 4 canvas with the paintings on 5 x 5 woodblocks.  Either the extra inch is making me add more detail, or the surface is smoother.  Not sure which!

2 comments:

Gobs and Blobs - New Abstract Work

  Gobs and Blobs The current show at the Full Moon Gallery in Twin Falls! I have these pieces plus more hanging in the Gallery and the Lobby...